Friday 4 November 2011

The IH Club for 2011

by Hemish Goodeal

Despite you already most know the names and faces of your current IH Club Student Committee, as seen in the www.internationalhall.com website, this article gives you a bit more details about the personal life and traits of those currently involved in it.

You can also be part of the IH Club for 2012, there will be an election next January, with campaigns, nominations and votes. Think about the role you would like to take and approach us via e-mail or whenever you come across one of us in any corridor, the common room or the launderette. Been part of the Club rocks!

Name: Akshay Arora
Age: 19
Position in Club: The President
Home Town/Country: New Delhi, India
What does this position involve: It involves leading, motivating and monitoring other members of the committee; Managing the events alongside other members and representing the residents in hall matters.
College and Course: MPharm, London School of Pharmacy.
What I love about the hall: The culture mixture and the atmosphere is incredible. Gives you a wonderful space to meet new people from all over the world.
What I don't love so much about the hall: The bar is closed now. It was an integral part of IH. Sad we couldn't save it.

Name: Hemish Goodeal
Age: 21
Home Town/Country: Amersham (Zone 9), UK...Seriously, Zone 9 does exist – top left of the Tube map. My parents are from Mauritius, which isn’t covered by Oyster card.
Position in Club: Vice President & Secretary
What does this position involve: On standby in case of presidential assassination + wearing saucy secretary outfits to appease the president’s kinky thoughts.
College and Course: Colouring In down at Strand Poly (or, Geography at Kings)
What I love about the hall: Harry drunk
What I don't love so much about the hall: Harry sober

Name: Caitlin Rafferty
Age: 20
Home Town/Country: Proud Geordie from Newcastle Upon Tyne
Position in Club: Treasurer - Sorting out the funds for IH events along with helping organising events.
College: SOAS
Course: African Studies
What I love about IH: Brilliant location.
What I don't love so much about IH: Numerous pints of milk and currys stolen from the fridge.

Name: Nils
Age: 21
Position in Club: West-Wing Representative
What does this position involve: Organising social events
College and Course: KCL, law
What I love about the hall: Atmosphere, location, the people
What I don't love so much about the hall: Theft, meal times, fire alarms at night

Name: Polly Pok-Lam Fung 馮樸琳
Age: 25
Home Town/Country: Hong Kong, China
Position in Club: Central Wing Representative
What does this position involve: improving social lives of the C-Wing residents and helping the postgraduates to get incorporated in the hall
College and Course: UCL Eastman Dental Institute, PhD
What I love about the hall: I love IH, it's massive and it's so international!
What I don't love so much about the hall: I hate moving out, can I stay here till I finish my course?

Name: Harry, or the only 12 year old on the IH committee (or not).
Age: 21 (it's 12 reversed).
Hometown/Country: Isle Of Man, Britain.
Position in Club: North Wing Representative.
What does this position involve: Representing your interests and concerns / monitoring how much you moan about life.
College and Course: SOAS, Linguistics and Social Anthropology (I like geeky subjects).
What I love about the hall: Meeting new people from every country.
What I don't love so much about the hall: Well, this one time there was no water for 17 hours...

Name: Sofie Meyer
Age: 19
Home Town/Country: Copenhagen, Denmark
Position in Club: Cinema convener
What does this position involve: choosing and screening movies in the cinema room located below the entrance
College and Course: UCL, BSc Neuroscience
What I love about the hall: my friends, the breakfast, the location and the size of the desk
What I don't love so much about the hall: living so close to a 24-hour tesco does not improve the waistline. but it is nice!

Name: Tom Johnson
Age: 19
Home Town/Country: London, England
Position in Club: Sports Convenor
What does this position involve: Running Sporting events such as Football in the Hall on a regular basis
College and Course: Biochemical Engineering at UCL
What I love about the hall: It is right in the middle of London and the people are really fun
What I don't love so much about the hall: Brunch is not a very good idea

Name: Soyeong Soya Ok
Age: Unknown
Home Town/Country: Dublin, Ireland
Position in Club: Cinema convener
What does this position involve: Ask Sofie
College and Course: Something at King’s
What I love about the hall: Hemish
What I don't love so much about the hall: When Hemish leaves to go to Tesco’s for 10 minutes.

Name: Natalie Eavry
Age: Unknown
Home Town/Country: Earth
Position in Club: Lansdowne Block Rep
What does this position involve: Unknown
College and Course: Unknown
What I love about the hall: When Hemish leaves to go to Tesco’s for 10 minutes.
What I don't love so much about the hall: Hemish
 


Name: Joaquim "Jay" Silva
Age: 18
Home Town/Country: Cascais, Portugal
Position in Club: Web Convener (or Convenor if you're from AMURRICA)
What does this position involve: Taking care of the website like the cute little kitten that it is (wait, what?). Oh, and spamming everybody on Facebook and Twitter with meaningless updates every other hour.
College and Course: King's College London, BSc Computer Science
What I love about the hall: The people!
What I don't love so much about the hall: The early meal times, although I'm slowly adjusting.





No comments:

Post a Comment